Rongi(lobia) 1 bowl (soaked and pressure cooked)
Capsicum. 1 chopped
Tomatoes. 2 chopped
Onions. 2 chopped
Corns. 2 tbsp
Roasted peanuts. 2 tbsp
Salt and pepper to taste
Lemon juice 1 tbsp
Stir fry all the vegetables, let it cool add lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Protein packed chickpea salad
- 2 bowls chickpeas (garbanzo beans) (rinsed,drained and pressure cooked)
- 1 medium green bell pepper ( chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh flat-leaf parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 cup red onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup celery (chopped)
- 1 avocado (peeled, pit removed, chopped)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (halved, can use normal tomatoes also chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- 3 tbsp lemon juice (from 1 to 1½ lemons)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (freshly ground)
- In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients except the lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Gently toss to mix.
- Add lemon juice to a small bowl. Pour in a very thin, steady stream of olive oil while whisking the entire time to emulsify the dressing. Pour over salad and gently toss to distribute the dressing.
- Season to taste with the kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve immediately or chill up to 4 days.
Green Bean Salad
tomatoes, cut in half
generous amount 1 kg thin French-style green beans or fresh garden beans
1/2 small sweet onion, cut into thin slivers
2 cups cherry thinly-sliced fresh basil
salt and fresh-ground black pepper to taste
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil (Use an oil with good flavor.)
2 Tbsp fresh-squeezed lemon juice (see notes)
2 tsp. finely minced fresh garlic
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Start water boiling in a vegetable steamer or pot with a steaming rackwhile you trim the beans on both ends and cut them into pieces about 2 inches long.
- When the water starts to boil, steam beans for 5 minutes, then drain and immediately put them in a bowl of ice water.
- Let beans cool in the ice water about one minute, then drain immediately into a colander placed in the sink.
- While beans are cooking, cut cherry tomatoes into halves and cut the onion into thin slivers.
- When beans are draining, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, and salt to make the dressing.
- Wash fresh basil leaves and chop them nicely.
- Remove drained beans from the colander into a bowl large enough to toss ingredients together.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and onions and toss ingredients together.
- Toss with desired amount of dressing and then gently mix in the sliced basil.
- Season salad to taste with salt and fresh-ground black pepper and serve.
Mexican Quinoa Salad
1.5 cups quinoa
2 + 1/4 cups water
1-2 bell peppers (any color)
2 cups black beans
2 large ripe tomatoes
1 cup corn
1/2-1 cup finely chopped onion (red or white)
1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro or scallions
CHILI LIME DRESSING
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 TBSP white vinegar
1 TBSP lime juice plus extra to taste
1 clove garlic (peeled and minced)
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp salt or season to taste
1/4 tsp pepper
- First rinse and drain your quinoa using a mesh strainer or sieve.
- Bring a medium saucepan to medium heat and lightly toast the quinoa to remove any excess water. Stir as it toasts for just a few minutes. This step is optional but really adds to the nuttiness and fluff factor of the quinoa!
- Next add water, set burner at high, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered with the lid slightly ajar, for 12-13 minutes or until quinoa is fluffy and the liquid has been absorbed.
- While the quinoa cooks, chop and prep your veggies and cilantro. Drain and rinse beans if using canned. Whisk together your dressing ingredients.
- Snag your now-fluffy quinoa from the pot and give it a little fluff with a fork. Add remaining ingredients and dressing and mix well. Refrigerate to cool quinoa and allow flavors to mingle and amplify, approx. 1-2 hours or more. Enjoy chilled and feel free to add any additional seasoning, veggies, or lime juice to taste!
Ingredients For the salad:
5-6 cups fresh broccoli florets (from 1 head of broccoli)
1 ¼ cups fresh blueberries
1 cup shredded or matchstick cut carrots
½ cup chopped dried turkish apricots (look for no sulfur added) or sub dried cherries/cranberries
1/3 cup finely diced red onion
½ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
¼ cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
½ cup toasted sliced almonds
¼ cup roasted sunflower seeds
For the dressing:
3 tablespoons drippy tahini or can use 1 tbsp of mayonnaise
½ lemon, juiced (about 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice)
2-3 tablespoons warm water, to thin dressing
1 garlic clove, minced
¼ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
Freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl, add finely chopped broccoli, blueberries, carrots, diced apricots, red onion, cilantro, parsley, toasted almonds and sunflower seeds. Set aside.
POWER LENTIL SALAD
1 cup dry green lentils
1 small red onion, chopped
3/4 cucumber, small diced or chopped (about 2 1/2 cups)
2 to 3 cups baby spinach (or other leafy green of choice)
1 cup chopped fresh parsley
Crumbled feta cheese for garnish
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp honey
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground allspice
Salt and pepper
- Cook the lentils. In a sauce pan, combine lentils with 3 cups of water and pinch of salt. Bring to a boil. Cover, and lower heat to medium-low. Let simmer until lentils are fully tender (about 30 minutes or so.) Be sure to check and add water if lentils seem too dry during the cooking process (they should absorb a lot of the water. Drain and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cooked lentils with chopped onions, cucumber, baby spinach, parsley, and pomegranate seeds. Give everything a gentle toss.
- Finally, in a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together lime dressing ingredients. Pour dressing over the lentil salad and toss to combine. Add a sprinkle of feta cheese to finish.
CAULIFLOWER, CORN AND CUCUMBER SALAD
2 cups cauliflower florets
2 small cucumbers, sliced
1/2 red pepper, cubed
2-3 green onions, finely cut
1 (15 oz) can corn, drained
1 Tbsp mayonnaise
fresh dill, optional
salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut your cauliflower into small florets. Slice cucumber into thin slices. Cube the red pepper. Thinly chop the green onions. Drain corn. Mix everything.
- Add mayo, salt and pepper to taste, mix well. Add dill, optional.
CHICKEN CEASAR MACRONI SALAD
INGREDIENTS FOR THE DRESSING:
2 teaspoons mustard salad
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
3/4 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon anchovy paste
1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
FOR THE PASTA SALAD:
200 gms Macaroni pasta/ penne pasta
Shredded rotisserie chicken or chopped chicken breasts
Parmesan cheese, for serving
INSTRUCTIONS MAKE THE DRESSING:
In a medium bowl, whisk together the mustard sauce, lemon juice, Worcestershire, mayonnaise, minced garlic and anchovy paste until well combined. Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese and 1/4 teaspoon pepper then set the dressing aside while you make the salad.
MAKE THE PASTA SALAD:
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain the pasta and transfer it to a large serving bowl.
Add the prepared dressing and toss to combine. Add the croutons (optional) and garnish with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.