Detox Immune-Boosting Chicken
This Detox Immune-Boosting Chicken Soup is the perfect remedy for cold and flu season filled with antioxidants that boost immunity and keep you warm all winter long!
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3 large celery stalks, chopped
2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
10 cloves garlic, minced
8 cups chicken stock
2 bay leaves
½ tsp. turmeric
½ tsp. crushed red pepper
1½ tsp. sea salt
1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
2 cups baby kale leaves
- In a large pot or oven, heat oil over medium-high heat and sauté onion, celery and carrots, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic, cooking another 3 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken stock, bay leaves, turmeric, crushed red pepper, salt and chickpeas; bringing to a boil. Mix in shredded chicken, cover and turn down heat to a simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add kale, cover and simmer an additional 5 minutes. Discard bay leaves, serve and enjoy!
Note: instead of kale can use spinach and instead of celery cilantro(corrinader leaves can be used).
- 1 Tsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 lb shitake mushrooms
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 12 cups water
- 4 heads baby bok choy, bottoms chopped off
- 1/2 head kale, chopped
- optional: 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- Chop off the bottom of the stem from your mushrooms and discard. Separate stems from tops and slice tops and remaining stem if necessary, into large pieces. You will only discard the very bottom of the stems, not the full stems as they contain many nutritional benefits!
- Heat up olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onions and sauté for 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add in garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add in celery and mushrooms and saute for about 10 minutes or until mushrooms have wilted.
- Add in spices (including ginger, if using) and water and bring to a boil.
- Then let simmer, covered for 1 hour or as long as you want.
- Add bok choy and kale in the last 10 minutes of cooking to wilt.
ORANGETASTIC GINGER JUICE
- 3 oranges, peeled and quartered
- 5 medium carrots
- 2 apples, quartered
- 1″ piece of ginger, peeled
- 1/2″ piece of turmeric, peeled (optional)
- Press all ingredients through a juicer, stir and serve.
- You can find fresh turmeric in the grocery store next to the ginger. You can add a pinch of powdered turmeric to this (or any) juice.
GREEN GORILLA JUICE
1 broccoli stem (not the florets)
2-3 leaves of kale/ spinach
3 pears (or apples), quartered
1 lemon, peeled
Press all ingredients through a juicer, stir and serve.