Healthy recipes/ weight loss recipes
TOMATO SOUP WITH LEMON
1kg ripe tomatoes, quartered
4 sprigs fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried
1 tbsp of cilantro/ coriander leaves finely chopped
4 whole garlic cloves, skins removed
4 tsp of lemon juice
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 medium onions, chopped
4 cups low sodium chicken stock or vegetable stock
Salt and fresh ground pepper
1/4 cup cheese crumbles for serving, optional
Pressure cook the tomatoes, garlic, thyme sprigs, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1tsp of salt together. After then strain the whole mixture and throw the tomato skins.
Meanwhile, cook onions with 2 tsp of olive oil in a large pot until softened and starting to brown, about 10 minutes.
Add the tomatoes and garlic puree and vegetable broth/ chicken stock to the onions. Bring to a simmer and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
Pass the soup through a food mill fitted with the coarsest blade or blend using an immersion blender or blender. Add back to the pot and bring it to boil. Add salt and/or pepper to taste. Serve with cheese crumbles and cilantro leaves on top — optional.
CLEANSING VEGETABLE TURMERIC SOUP
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 medium carrot, finely chopped
2 stalks celery, finely chopped
1 teaspoon Turmeric POWDER
2 teaspoons garlic, minced (about 4 cloves)
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1 litre vegetable broth
3–4 cups water
1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
1/2 teaspoon black pepper, plus more to taste
3 cups cauliflower florets, chopped
1 bunch kale, chopped (can use spinach instead of kale)
1 cup rice noodles, boiled and drained (optional)
1) In a large saucepan or pot over medium-low, warm oil. Add onion; stir. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until the onions begin to brown. Add carrots and celery; cook for 3-5 more minutes, until the vegetables soften.
2) Add turmeric, garlic, ginger, and cayenne; stir until the vegetables are coated. Cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
3) Add broth, water, salt, and pepper; stir. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Add cauliflower. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until cauliflower is tender.
4) When the cauliflower is fork tender, add beans, kale, and noodles. Cook until the kale is slightly wilted. Serve hot.
Soya bean bharta
Began/ Brinjal : 1Big (Grill it on gas/ smoke it)
Soya Granules: ½ cup (soaked & Drain water)
Green Peas: ½ cup (boiled/ optional)
Onion: 2 Big (chopped)
Tomato: 4 Big (chopped)
Green Chilly & Coriander (for garnish)
Salt, Pepper, Red Chilly, garam masala (as per Taste)
- smoke the brinjal on gas/ or u can grill the brinjal, peel off the burnt skin
- Soak the soya granules in water & Drain water nicely.
- In a pan put 1 tbsp of olive oil/ mustard oil, stir fry the Onions till golden brown and add Tomatoes and green chillies. Stir fry till the oil separates.
- Add Soya granules & roast it; Then add to it the mashed smoked Brinjal & roast for 4-5 mintues till the oil separates.
- Add Salt, chili powder, black pepper, garam masala
- Serve with Coriander leaves.
- 12 small square wonton wrappers (stocked with the tofu in the refrigerated section of the market)
- 6 oz. boiled chicken (optional) (4% fat or less)
- 1 tsp. taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup kidney beans
- 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese
- 2 tbsp. sliced black olives, chopped
- 6 tbsp. chopped tomatoes, chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray.
2.Place each wonton wrapper into a cup of the muffin pan, and press it into the bottom and sides. Lightly spray with nonstick spray. Bake until lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
3.Let cool completely, about 10 minutes.
4.Meanwhile, bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add chicken, and sprinkle with taco seasoning. Cook and crumble until fully cooked, about 5 minutes. Add beans, and cook and stir until hot, about 1 minute.
5.Evenly fill wonton cups in this order: lettuce, chicken-bean mixture, cheese, chopped olives, salsa, and sour cream.
Chicken curry with Spinach and Tomatoes
1 kg boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 teaspoons ground curry
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 (14-ounce) litre coconut milk
1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes drained
3 cups baby spinach
1.Season the chicken with curry, and salt and pepper.
2.In a large nonstick pan coated with nonstick cooking spray, brown the chicken breasts on both sides, approximately 5-7 minutes. Add onion and garlic, and continue sautéing 5 minutes, stirring.
3. Add the coconut milk and tomatoes, bring to boil, reduce heat and cook about 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is tender. Add spinach, and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
Zucchini stuffed chicken boats
- 2 zucchinis, sliced into half
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh green beans
- 1 1/2 cup cubed or shredded cooked chicken
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Using a spoon, carefully scoop out the middle of each zucchini half, leaving a well to stuff the chicken salad into.
- In a bowl, mix onions, carrots, green beans, chicken, garlic, salt, and the mayonnaise, folding until ingredients are well-combined.
- Divide the chicken salad among each zucchini, mounding it up in the middle. Sprinkle the top of each zucchini with crushed almonds.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Remove, let cool and enjoy!
Mushrooms and Broccoli stir fry
2 cups broccoli, cut into small florets
1/4 cup red onion, chopped small
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups mushrooms, sliced
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
1/4 cup vegetable broth, optional water
1/2 cup carrot, shredded
1/4 cup cashews, optional water chestnuts
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon coconut sugar, optional
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- In a large skillet on high heat, add the broccoli, onion, garlic, mushrooms, red pepper, ginger, and water. Cook, stirring often until broccoli is soft and onions are translucent. Add broth and more as needed to prevent the vegetables from sticking.
- Stir in the carrot, cashews, vinegar, soy sauce, and coconut sugar. Stir well and simmer for about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve alone or on top of quinoa or brown rice.
Garlicky Oven baked Mushrooms
1 bowl of Button Mushrooms wiped clean, stems trimmed or removed
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 cloves Garlic finely chopped
2 Tbsp fresh Chives thinly sliced
1/8 tsp Kosher Salt
1/8 tsp Black Pepper
1/8 tsp Garlic Powder
Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400°.
Toss clean mushrooms into ziploc bag or a bowl; add olive oil, fresh garlic, fresh chives, salt, and pepper.
Gently massage mushrooms to work the ingredients over entire surface.
Place in oiled skillet or baking sheet; dust with garlic powder.
Bake 10-12 minutes and serve warm.
BAKED CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp SALT
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 6 Chicken Leg Drumsticks patted dry with a paper towel
- 4 Lemon Wedges for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°; pat CHICKEN LEGS completely dry with a paper towel.
- In a mixing bowl (or Ziploc bag), combine OLIVE OIL, PAPRIKA, GARLIC POWDER, SALT, and PEPPER; pour over CHICKEN LEGS; toss until they are well-coated with the drumstick seasoning.
- Place chicken legs on an oil-sprayed baking sheet with space between each leg.
- Bake 35-45 minutes; carefully remove from oven and insert a meat thermometer into the center of a leg, alongside the bone; confirm a temperature of 165°. If needed, continue baking in 5 minutes intervals to reach the minimum temperature.
- Serve warm, garnished with LEMON WEDGES.
- 1 Large Zucchini
- 1 Small Sweet Potato peeled
- 1 Medium Carrot peeled
- ¼ Cup Finely chopped green onion
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 2-3 Tbsp Chopped Parsley
- ½ Tsp Salt, or to taste
- ¼ Tsp Ground Pepper or to taste
- 2 Large Eggs
- ½ Cup Rice Flour
- ¼ Cup Ground Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ Cup Olive oil
- The easiest way to prep the veggies is by using your food processor and set up the small shredding blade. Alternatively, you can use a medium-small grater. The veggies need to be grated in small bits so they can cook evenly.
- Start by grating the zucchini, then squeeze as much water as you can and place them in a large bowl.
- Continue to shred the sweet potato and carrot and add it to the bowl. Stir in the remaining ingredients: green onion, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, eggs, rice flour, and cheese. Using your hands or a large spoon, mix thoroughly until well combined.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add about one spoonful of mixture into the pan, and gently press it down to create a round shape fritter.